Series Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

8:30 AM




Book 1: Shatter Me
Sigh. This book took me a while to get through it. The writing style is just unbearable. I know it's necessary because it reflects Juliette state of mind. But it's driving me crazy! Well the writing style actually describes emotion really well, it's easy to connect with the characters. Warner is a psycopath, period. Adam oh sweet and gentle Adam. And Kenji! Highlight of my life! Juliette actually learns to accept herself YAY! She still has a long way to go, but it was a good start. Plus have you seen the cover? IT'S GORGEOUS.





Book 2: Unravel Me
The writing style actually gets better. Maybe because Juliette is getting more sane than before. BUT HER CHARACTER DETORIATES. I mean, really?????? The whole world is at war and she's being whiny and cries about Warner and Adam! Damn! Round of applause for Kenji bc he yells at Juliette about her attitude! But but but the people at Omega Point are actually really nice. And this book have a KILLER, MAJOR PLOT TWIST. I literally had to stop reading to slow my heart rate. And I really love all the battle scenes! And that ending! Kind of Catching Fire-ish isn't it?








Book 3: Ignite Me
This is my favorite book from this series! The writing style is really good, it's beautifully poetic but not repetitive and no more word crossing. The characters also have some HUGE development, some good some bad. Juliette is badass and fierce and not afraid anymore and she's being a leader. Warner is.. I don't know, nice? His change is too drastic it's kind of unbelieveable. Adam doesn't look like himself. He's not kind and gentle anymore, he's too angsty and yells at everyone. Unfortunately, the final battle ruined it for me. I want blood and characters death (it adds more drama to the story okay) and screams and action but all I get is Juliette running around. And this book barely shows the characters strenght. Castle, Brendan and Adam only use their powers ONCE. I want more power on display!


Overall:
This is a series that just getting better and better each book! Tahereh's writing is unbearable at first, but honestly it fits Juliette state of mind. I admit I don't like flowery prose, which is why I find it unbearable. But Tahereh does have way with words, her words capture emotions in the most exquisite ways. Both the words and Juliette get better and better. The plot is mainly romance, and not enough action. The characters development are HUGE, and I'm pleased with most of them. I really wished I could see more actions and powers displayed in this book, instead of romance because they're so cool and have so much potential! I really like & enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. So glad you enjoyed this series! I agree, Ignite Me was the best of the three :)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this series a couple of years ago and remember thinking the same things! Especially about the prose. That took me a while to get into, but I ended up liking it. Unravel me MIGHT be my least favorite book in the series because of all the ANGST. But it is doubtless that Ignite Me is the best. Lovely reviews, and yes, those covers are to DIE for! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the angst and drama in Unravel Me was too much *sighs*

      Delete
  3. I definitely agree this series gets so much better as you read on. That's why I always encourage people to continue from the first book even though they didn't like it that much.And also I encourage people to read Warner's novel because it really made me love Warner a lot.I absolutely have a soft spot in my heart for this series.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the novella but I'm hoping to read it soon!

      Delete

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide