The Unfinished Series

12:30 AM


Do you have any series that you enjoyed a lot, but haven't finished them yet? Because life keeps getting in the way, or because there are so many books to read and so many new releases that you ended up just keep buying new books other than books in that series? Yeah me too.

I'm not exactly a series person, especially the long one, that have more than 5 books. I either got distracted or bored. I just find them being too long. I prefer stand-alone, or at least a trilogy. But sometimes, even if there are only 3 books in the series, I could get distracted and keep putting the series on hold. Thus I may continued the series a year, or maybe 2 years later and ended up forgetting all about the plot and the characters, and ended up didn't enjoyed them as much as I hoped to be.

Why don't I binge read, you ask? Well, I'm an easily bored person. Last year, I devoured the Grisha series all in one month, and even though I enjoyed them a lot, I still struggled to get through the 3rd book because I can't wait to finish the series and plunged into another book/another world.

This list is divided into 2 parts: series I keep putting on hold and old series that I haven't continue because I can't find the next book. So let's see how many series I need to finish.

Series I keep putting on hold


1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I read Anna last year and really enjoyed it, but for some reasons I'm not motivated enough to read Lola. Hopefully I could finish this series this year! 

2. Anna Dressed in Blood Kendare Blake

I enjoyed the story, but the romance really turned me off. Which is why I keep putting off the 2nd book. Let's just hope I'm motivated enough to read this for halloween!

3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

I read the first 2 book, they were borrowed from my friend. We both  enjoyed it, but somehow she never bought the 3rd book and I don't like it that much to buy it on my own. So yeah. Another book unfinished.


4. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

I also read Rebel Belle last year and really enjoyed it. Again, somehow I'm not in the mood to read the 2nd book. Hopefully I could read it this year!



5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Okay, this is the book I'm dying to read. I owned the 1st and 2nd book, but the Indonesian Publisher took so long to translate Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Up until this point, they haven't released it yet and I began losing hope.


6. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Somehow, I didn't enjoy this series as much as I hope I would. Something about it makes it only an okay series for me, and makes me not in a hurry to finish it.


7. Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles

Again, this is the book I really want to read, but the Indonesian Publisher haven't published the 3rd book, but it could re-released Rules of Attraction twice. *fuming*


8. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

This one is also an okay series for me, so I'm not really in a hurry to finish this. Plus I heard Queen of Shadows sink my ship??? #notgood #badsarah


9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Somehow, I'm bad at finishing her books. I read Vampire Academy ages ago, and remember really enjoyed it. I even still remember everything that happened. I also watched the movie and really liked it. But somehow, I'm not really interested to read the next book.



10. Wonder by R.J Palacio

This is one of my favorites book, but I haven't read the companion book at all.

 


Old series that I can't find the next book

  1. Evernight by Claudia Gray: ✔ Evernight ✔ Stargazer ✘ Hourglass ✔ Afterlife ✘ Balthazar
  2. Spellcaster by Claudia Gray: ✔ Spellcaster ✘ Steadfast ✘ Soceress
  3. Need by Carrie Jones: ✔ Need ✔ Captivate ✘ Entice ✘ Endure
  4. Dark Guardian by Rachel Hawthorne: ✔ Moonlight ✔ Dark of the Moon ✔ Full Moon      ✔ Shadow of the Moon

Do you prefer series or stand alones? Do you have many unfinished series? 




You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. You didn't enjoy Throne of Glass series or the Lunar Chronicles? Oh I'm sorry to hear that. :( But yeah, I have so many unfinished series as well! I didn't enjoy Vampire Academy either. Also, I really enjoyed Wonder too! But I'm not sure if I'm going to read any of the companions. For me, I don't really enjoy companions that much...

    Cloe @ Mornings and Epilogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I didn't enjoy it... I like it, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations so I'm just like "okay this is a series that I would like to read on my free time" instead of "OMG I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW" I don't know... the hype kind of ruin them for me :( I enjoyed companion, but some companion books are pretty useless, they don't give new perspective or anything so I'm on the fence with this...

      Delete
  2. Awww, a shame to hear you didn't really like TOG! I wasn't such a big fan of Cinder, but I'm going to continue reading it - I've heard it picks up :) I have quite a lot of unfinished series that I want to finish, others that I don't plan to finish at all. Actually, there are very few series that I actually finish reading. Some of them I'm just too scared to, like the Lux series (I still haven't read the last book!) xD Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't read the Lux series! Is it good?

      Delete
  3. I sometimes prefer standalones, because I know that everything is going to be (hopefully) tied up by the end, and I won't have to wait for the next book and totally forget everything that had happened in the first book/s, haha!

    I am like you, though: terrible at finishing series XD We actually have a whole heap of the same unfinished series! I don't know why I stop. I know there are series that I read the new book as soon as it is released, but there are others where I own the next books and even though I want to read them, I don't. Maybe I don't like them as much as I think I do? I know I DO want to finish them one day, but I feel like I have a lack of motivation.

    I have to recommend you keep reading the Throne of Glass series, though! I wasn't a huge fan of the first book, but they just get better and better as time goes on :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought the Crown of Midnight, and I'd read it after my exams! But yeah, it's hard to continue a series when you don't have enough motivation. And when you wait to long... you'll forget what happened in the first book and won't enjoy the story as much as you should have...

      Delete
  4. I have a lot of unread series too! Including Throne of Glass :) BUT you really need to finish The Lunar Chronicles. I mean, I still have to read Winter but I love that series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will someday in the future! I'm already halfway through the series so I won't give it up :D

      Delete
  5. Grey characters add depth to novels for me, and they are the most reflective of what it means to be human.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, Tasya, I'm the exact same with some of these series omg, especially Anna and the French Kiss! I loved Anna and the French Kiss a lot - I guess that's why I haven't kept reading the books in the series? I'm just a bit worried that it won't live up to my expectations haha xD
    I think I'll bethe same with the Throne of Glass series - I didn't love Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire is really meh for me right now! :/
    It's really interesting that you can't find those books by Claudia Gray though! I seem to always run into those books actually :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk my local bookstore is kind of sucks in terms of book avability :/ I'm just not in the mood for something as cute as Lola I guess XD

      Delete
  7. I feel you. I own all the Bloodlines books but still have three of them left. For me I think it's a thing of priorities and whether or not I can stick to a world. Like you said with binge reading, you want to move on to another story. So that is what happens to me. That, or something else comes up like review copies I have to read so these books just keep getting pushed back farther and farther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? We push them farther and farther and eventually we just kind of forget to read them and need some time to adjusts to the world :/

      Delete
  8. So, I LOVE series, and I used to be SO GOOD at binge reading them! But then blogging happened, and review copies happened, and now I almost NEVER finish a series. Actually, I am finishing one right now, but had I not had it for review? Who knows when I'd have gotten to it.

    The worst part is, I cannot tell you how many unfinished series I have sitting right on my bookshelf as I type! And this doesn't even include the ones I am "meh" about- these are the ones that I REALLY want to continue/finish! I counted 9 right off the top of my head, and I have several more pre ordered! And I can't even get started on the "meh" ones, they are VERY high in numbers.

    Ugh, hopefully we can get to these someday- at least, the ones we really WANT to read. Hopefully the publishers can get their acts together and translate the books for you- that has to be SO incredibly frustrating, I am sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God that's so many XD It's like drowning in them! It's really sucks how publisher rarely finishes a series! I hate buying different editions of books!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE reading series although admittedly I have this weird habit of barely finishing them. My number of series started to series finish ratio is like 10:1. LOL. I haven't finished the Lunar Chronicles and gone through the next books of the Throne of Glass series but I plan to continue them as I really enjoy them. I'm just finding time.

    I was really glad that I was finally able to Finish Girl of Nightmares. I've been putting it off for like more than a year now. I read it because I needed to get it over and done with. Anna Dressed in Blood was more of an 'okay' read for me.. I read Girl of Nightmares plainly because I already have it. ugh.

    An old series I'd like to go through is the Luxe series by Anna Godbersen. I was only able to read the first book..

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's like drowing in books! No matter how much I read I still can't keep up with the new releases and the unfinished series. I haven't read The Girl of Nightmares yet! Is it good?

      Delete
  10. I prefer series but I definitely have trouble finishing them sometimes. I'm in the same situation with the Throne of Glass series. I read the first book and liked it enough. I really want to start reading the second book because I've heard the series only gets better and better but so much time has gone by, I feel like I'll need to reread the first in order to know what's going on. Also, Anna and the French Kiss was such a great book! I adored reading it but I did have a harder time connecting with Lola in the next book. The last book in the series makes up for it, though! I hope you get the chance to finish these series!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get to finish ToG too :D

      Delete
  11. I LOVED the Anna & the French Kiss companion series! I highly recommend finishing it off :) Also I loved the Lunar Chronicles and the book series got a lot better for me, starting with Cress - my favorite one. Hope you get a chance to finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do plan to finish AATFK series this year! :D

      Delete
  12. In my highly, highly, highly biased opinion - the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series honestly kept getting better with every book. WAKE UP, INDONESIAN PUBLISHERS! IT DESERVES ALL MANNER OF TRANSLATIONS!

    As for The Lunar Chronicles and Thone of Glass - I love them enormously now, but I didn't at the outset. I thought ToG #1 is fine, and I thought TLC #1 is fine. It wasn't until later that I thought they were great. But that's just one reader's opinion. I do hope you get around to them eventually.

    I do try my best to just finish series, but sometimes the excitement dies down (I've read 5/6 Mortal Instruments books and I just CAN'T get myself to pick up #6 and finally finish it). I have yet to read Ruin and Rising, the third Grisha book by Leigh Bardugo - this one not due to a lack of excitement, but due to a lack of access to it.

    We're all guilty of unfinished series in the end. :) Love this post for that very reason.

    - Lexie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THEY SHOULD OMG. I've done my waiting for 3 years and still no Dreams of Gods and Monsters! I've read Scarlet and I still find it okay... I really hope Cress would be awesome though. And I'm plan to read Crown of Midnight next month so hopefully it will blow me away.

      Lack of access to books suck. We should've got all access to all books we want to read!

      Delete

Hi guys! Thank you so much for visiting, feel free to leave a comment and talk to me, I don't bite :D

Popular Posts

Goodreads

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Tasya has read 2 books toward her goal of 70 books.
hide